KURDISH BUREAU FOR LIAISON AND INFORMATION
LOGO WITH EXPLANATION:
The logo of the Kurdish Bureau was especially conceived for the organization in 1997 by the artist-painter KAKAYI
“Two hands, one red (Kurdish), one blue (European), A feather and an eye, And Kurdistan”
Quai aux Pierres de Taille 11
Website : www.kurdishbureau.be
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. 02 219 80 60
Fax 02 219 24 10
Pervine JAMIL, Chair
Khasro SALIH, Secretary
Pieter GERITS, Treasurer
Members of honnor
ADANG Frans, BAUTHIER Georges-Henri, CARLIER Jean Yves, DARAS José, DE PATOUL Serge, DHAENE Jan, GALAND Pierre, GABRIELS Jaak, GOFFOEL Marianne, ISTASSE Jean-François, MILLER Richard, MONNOM André, MOREELS Reginald, ONGENA Hugo, PATAER Paul, PIERART Pierre, REMACLE Eric, SANT’ANGELO François, SILLIS Cecile, SLEECX Jef, VAN DIENDEREN Hugo, VAN LANCKER Anne, VERSNICK Geert.
Acknowledgement and subsidies
The Kurdish Bureau is subsidised by the following services of the two Belgian ministries of Culture, Dutch-speaking and French-speaking :
- Flemish Community Commission (VGC)
- Ministry of French Community, Service for Permanent Education
The Kurdish Bureau does not receive any financial support from Kurdish or non-Kurdish political parties.
The Kurdish Bureau for Liaison and Information is a cultural, and pluralistic organisation, independent of any political party, Kurdish or non-Kurdish.
It had been created in 1996 and pursues the following objectives:
- 1) Inform the Belgian and European public as well as the international community about the current events, the history and the culture of the Kurdish people.
- 2) Defend the Kurdish identity respecting the identities of the neighboring nations.
- 3) Promote the encounter and the exchange between people and associations interested in the Kurdish people and in the interculturality in Belgium.
- 4) Assist Kurds living in Belgium in their integration in the Belgian society, hereby safeguarding their cultural identity.